Durango School District 9-R, one of the top employers in the region, has several new openings for positions for the 2016/17 school year! Opportunities range from instructional positions to the new security position at DHS. Click this link to see what employment opportunities exist. Durango 9-R offers competitive salaries and fully covered health benefits for most employees.Read more and view photos/video...
At a Glance
- School Mascot: Husky
- Colors: Teal, Black, and Silver
- Students: 293
- Teachers: 24
- Support Staff: 12
Our vision is to guide learners as we develop the tools and mindsets to continually seek and understand the world and ourselves. Learners will demonstrate confidence,compassion and value diversity. Everyone will leave our school with the ability to apply, transfer and reflect on concept because we are motivated to ask questions and discover solutions.
- Confidence is about trusting in yourself and your abilities with freedom from doubt.
- Compassion is the awareness of someone’s suffering or discomfort and taking an action to make the situation better.
- Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect but moves beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the complexity of each individual.
- Concepts refer to knowledge and ideas.