The Animas Valley 5th grade team is currently working on a comprehensive culminating project called EXHIBITION. This project is a requirement for all 5th graders exiting an International Baccalaueate Primary Years Programme (IB) school and entering 6th grade. This year, the focus is Water Issues Around the World and falls under the transdisciplinary theme called Sharing the Planet. The students work individually and in groups to complete an in-depth inquiry into a specific topic.Read more and view photos/video...
At a Glance
- School Mascot: Husky
- Colors: Teal, Black, and Silver
- Students: 293
- Teachers: 24
- Support Staff: 12
Our vision is to guide learners as we develop the tools and mindsets to continually seek and understand the world and ourselves. Learners will demonstrate confidence,compassion and value diversity. Everyone will leave our school with the ability to apply, transfer and reflect on concept because we are motivated to ask questions and discover solutions.
- Confidence is about trusting in yourself and your abilities with freedom from doubt.
- Compassion is the awareness of someone’s suffering or discomfort and taking an action to make the situation better.
- Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect but moves beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the complexity of each individual.
- Concepts refer to knowledge and ideas.