As the conversation around assessments continues to heat up in the country and in our community, Durango School District 9-R is releasing a series of videos to talk more about state assessments, teacher assessments, unfunded federal mandates/bills, and tools in development to support staff and students. Watch our first video available here to learn more from Superintendent Dan Snowberger about standardized state/national tests and the impact on our school district.Read more and view photos/video...
At a Glance
- School Mascot: Husky
- Colors: Teal, Black, and Silver
- Students: 293
- Teachers: 24
- Support Staff: 12
Our vision is to guide learners as we develop the tools and mindsets to continually seek and understand the world and ourselves. Learners will demonstrate confidence,compassion and value diversity. Everyone will leave our school with the ability to apply, transfer and reflect on concept because we are motivated to ask questions and discover solutions.
- Confidence is about trusting in yourself and your abilities with freedom from doubt.
- Compassion is the awareness of someone’s suffering or discomfort and taking an action to make the situation better.
- Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect but moves beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the complexity of each individual.
- Concepts refer to knowledge and ideas.