I am saddened to notify our community that Dr. Chad Novak, counselor at Escalante Middle School, passed away yesterday. Chad has been with the district since 1999 and served in a variety of capacities at both Miller Middle School and Escalante Middle School. He made a huge impact on so many students and families across the district and we regret to share news of his loss. He is survived by his wife and two children.Read more and view photos/video...
At a Glance
- School Mascot: Husky
- Colors: Teal, Black, and Silver
- Students: 293
- Teachers: 24
- Support Staff: 12
Our vision is to guide learners as we develop the tools and mindsets to continually seek and understand the world and ourselves. Learners will demonstrate confidence,compassion and value diversity. Everyone will leave our school with the ability to apply, transfer and reflect on concept because we are motivated to ask questions and discover solutions.
- Confidence is about trusting in yourself and your abilities with freedom from doubt.
- Compassion is the awareness of someone’s suffering or discomfort and taking an action to make the situation better.
- Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect but moves beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the complexity of each individual.
- Concepts refer to knowledge and ideas.