The following is an emergency message from Durango School District 9-R to all parents, students, and staff. Due to severe weather conditions, all schools are canceled today, Monday, February 23, 2015. Please watch for additional updates regarding school closures or delays through our emergency notification system, listen to local radio and TV stations, visit our website at durangoschools.org or call our information line at (970) 375-3811. We will continue to keep families updated on the school closure or impact on tomorrow’s school schedule through our emergency notification system.Read more and view photos/video...
At a Glance
- School Mascot: Husky
- Colors: Teal, Black, and Silver
- Students: 293
- Teachers: 24
- Support Staff: 12
Our vision is to guide learners as we develop the tools and mindsets to continually seek and understand the world and ourselves. Learners will demonstrate confidence,compassion and value diversity. Everyone will leave our school with the ability to apply, transfer and reflect on concept because we are motivated to ask questions and discover solutions.
- Confidence is about trusting in yourself and your abilities with freedom from doubt.
- Compassion is the awareness of someone’s suffering or discomfort and taking an action to make the situation better.
- Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect but moves beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the complexity of each individual.
- Concepts refer to knowledge and ideas.