AVE’s student council, known as the Animas Action Council, is encouraging our classes to offer a healthier take on Valentine’s Day treats! AAC is encouraging classrooms that are celebrating the holiday to choose healthier options. They have suggested a “Red and White Party” theme where students bring their favorite red or white fruit, vegetables or snacks such as jicama, red peppers, radishes, cauliflower, watermelon, berries, apples and popcorn etc. They also suggested fruit salads, fruit kabobs or even heart shaped sandwiches!
At a Glance
- School Mascot: Husky
- Colors: Teal, Black, and Silver
- Students: 293
- Teachers: 24
- Support Staff: 12
Our vision is to guide learners as we develop the tools and mindsets to continually seek and understand the world and ourselves. Learners will demonstrate confidence,compassion and value diversity. Everyone will leave our school with the ability to apply, transfer and reflect on concept because we are motivated to ask questions and discover solutions.
- Confidence is about trusting in yourself and your abilities with freedom from doubt.
- Compassion is the awareness of someone’s suffering or discomfort and taking an action to make the situation better.
- Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect but moves beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the complexity of each individual.
- Concepts refer to knowledge and ideas.